GRB SUX? We Need New Grb!!!

Mon Jul 30, 2012 10:52 am by russell0659

GRB has become so boring, and with the know cheats and exploits is by no means fair.

I propose i completely redo GRB with Harder Mobs and more GRB Points. Maybe even A Quest that gives GRB Points. Some Rare Items that only drop in GRB. And Some more Guild Stuff.

What you think? Tell Me Here!

Comments: 0

Staff OnLine

Sat Jul 07, 2012 6:53 pm by russell0659

Comments: 0

Suggestions, mostly for PvP

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Suggestions, mostly for PvP

Post  ynridr on Fri Dec 09, 2011 11:42 pm

Before I give my suggestions here, I'm sorry for Russell & his team, maybe because of my opinions here you'll have a lot more works to do.

1. Gold
Every players need gold to enchant, link lapis, buy recreation runes, accessories lapis, potions, etc. By reducing sell amount of lv7 lapises, it's getting harder for us to get recreation rune. Well, we could try kill GS, but how about new players?I start seeing some players begging for gold here and there.
My idea is, how about you make mobs on GRB drop rec runes, fortune coins, fortune bag , etc with higher drop rate than Cloron's/Fantasma's Lair mobs. It will encourage players (especially new players) to join guild, participate in GRB and get more benefits from there.

2. Lapis
I know that lv8/9 lapis still worth selling so that also another way to get gold on this game. But I don't think new players that still have some empty slot on their gear would sell the hard earned lapis from PvP map risking themselves getting killed in 2-4 hits to NPC. Maybe it's funny for PvPer to get easy kills, but what about those players who are getting killed?How would we expect to have more PvPer?
My idea is, how about you make mobs on Skulleron(Pandorashys)/Astenes also drop lv8/9 lapis only (not debuff/PL/LL), ofcourse with lower drop rate than Dwater/VR/PR just to give some space for new players to prepare their PvP gear.

3. Skill Points
I've heard some players complaining about how def/guard use DF/POG/UT etc often yet still have wide area attack, or ranger/sin/archer/hunter with their debuff & strong attack or mage/pagan with their lot of skill and all strong attack, or fighter/warrior who uses spear during regular PvP but uses 1handed & shield during naked PvP.
I think the problem is because we get too many skill points so we could take all skill possible to our class.
My idea is, how about you make the skill points back to 5 points each lvl, and for every skill, we take them step by step each lvl (lv 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6 not lv 1, then lv3, then lv 6). By doing that we'll spend point on skill that we think useful because we have limited points, so def/guard will choose become real def/guard that protect their group or become battledef/battleguard etc etc. And limit the Skill reset to only twice for each character, in case player from 15/30 zone going to higher zone and want to change their skill set.

4. Stat Reset Stone
I think stat reset stone should be taken away from item mall and make them limited to NPC twice use only for the same reason as above. Here is my reason, with unlimited use of this stat reset stone, I've met some def/guard that restat to full rec build, then when they go PvP, other faction have to attack together or using their high attack (divine burst,death touch, behemoth rage etc) in order to kill them. But when they're doing that, those def/guard pop stat reset stone, use DF/melee reflector and remove their top armor. Then we all know what will happen.
Or maybe other class could use that stat reset stone to restat full dex while running & being chased by other faction hoping that they could survive because of most attack will miss.
I don't think unlimited use of stat reset stone is healthy for PvP.

5. Gear
I know you (Russell) already said that you're going to add some defense in some classes just to equalize with others. I just wanna mention something here for your consideration.

Celeritas Set 70 str + 130 dex + 100 luck = 300 stats
Medicus Set 100 int + 100 wis + 100 luck = 300 stats
Vallum Set 90 str + 70 dex + 70 rec + 70 luck = 300 stats
Def Ratio Celeritas:Medicus:Vallum = 207 : 153 : 285 = 0.73 : 0.54 : 1

Secor Set 115 str + 190 dex + 145 luck = 450 stats
Decoris Set 145 int + 145 wis + 160 luck = 450 stats
Justia Set 135 str + 105 dex + 105 rec + 105 luck = 450 stats
Def Ratio Secor:Decoris:Justia = 345:255:475 = 0.73 : 0.54 : 1

Scout Set 160 str + 250 dex + 190 luck = 600 stats
Cleric Set 190 int + 190 wis + 220 luck = 600 stats
Crafter Set 180 str + 140 dex + 140 rec + 140 luck = 600 stats
Def Ratio Scout:Cleric:Crafter = 690 : 470: 950 = 0.73 : 0.49 : 1

SRouge Set 250 str + 250 dex + 250 luck = 750 stats
SHealer Set 250 int + 250 wis + 250 luck = 750 stats
SKnight Set 250 str + 250 dex + 240 rec + 140 luck = 880 stats
Def Ratio SR : SH : SK = 690 : 1200 : 1000 = 0.69 : 1.2 : 1

Shealer got high improvement on defense, and Sknight got improvement on stats, so I think Srouge should get improvement too. Hope that you'll do something with these sets too, not only on the new sets.

Feedback pls, constructive comment, give reasons if you're not agree with my ideas.

PS: GM/GS we all know not many ppl visit forum, so if you could pls let ppl on game know about this topic so they also give their idea/opinion here, just to make the game better for everyone.
ynridr

Back to top Go down

Re: Suggestions, mostly for PvP

Post  Venom on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:49 am

In reply to the gear comparisons. there will always be a class at some point in time (throughout the episodes) that a class will rule, currenly from ep 5 defenders and gardians is the ruling class. ep4 was fighter warriors and i think rangers/assasins. even in todays epdisode ep 5.something, classes other than those who use SK SW sets can be of some use. hunters are good and naked pvp makes pagans ttha rulerz of de world! its all about how you use your class, personally i annoy the fattest fury and lure them to guards Smile
Venom

http://shadowknights.lolbb.com/u116

Back to top Go down

re

Post  Doofi/Smoke on Sat Dec 10, 2011 5:54 am

hey dude, i see u did thought much about that big topic and u did a good post but in some cases i disagree . i will tell u why ofc.

"3. Skill Points
I've heard
some players complaining about how def/guard use DF/POG/UT etc often yet
still have wide area attack, or ranger/sin/archer/hunter with their
debuff & strong attack or mage/pagan with their lot of skill and all
strong attack, or fighter/warrior who uses spear during regular PvP but
uses 1handed & shield during naked PvP.
I think the problem is because we get too many skill points so we could take all skill possible to our class.
My
idea is, how about you make the skill points back to 5 points each lvl,
and for every skill, we take them step by step each lvl (lv 1, 2, 3, 4,
5, 6 not lv 1, then lv3, then lv 6). By doing that we'll spend point on
skill that we think useful because we have limited points, so def/guard
will choose become real def/guard that protect their group or become
battledef/battleguard etc etc. And limit the Skill reset to only twice
for each character, in case player from 15/30 zone going to higher zone
and want to change their skill set.

4. Stat Reset Stone
I
think stat reset stone should be taken away from item mall and make
them limited to NPC twice use only for the same reason as above. Here is
my reason, with unlimited use of this stat reset stone, I've met some
def/guard that restat to full rec build, then when they go PvP, other
faction have to attack together or using their high attack (divine
burst,death touch, behemoth rage etc) in order to kill them. But when
they're doing that, those def/guard pop stat reset stone, use DF/melee
reflector and remove their top armor. Then we all know what will happen.
Or
maybe other class could use that stat reset stone to restat full dex
while running & being chased by other faction hoping that they could
survive because of most attack will miss.
I don't think unlimited use of stat reset stone is healthy for PvP."

in thooses points i disagree first to the skillpoints.
In my oppionen u need all this skill cause it makes the pvp different and shows u many ways how u can work with ur char. and besides i see nearly no warr/fighter anymore using spear cause u get less attack less abso and less defence.

and about the reskill stones with them u can try many build what is needed to find the right one and that is espacialy hard for new players Smile

Doofi/Smoke
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Venom on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:02 am

ynridr wrote:1. Gold
Every players need gold to enchant, link lapis, buy recreation runes, accessories lapis, potions, etc. By reducing sell amount of lv7 lapises, it's getting harder for us to get recreation rune. Well, we could try kill GS, but how about new players?I start seeing some players begging for gold here and there.
My idea is, how about you make mobs on GRB drop rec runes, fortune coins, fortune bag , etc with higher drop rate than Cloron's/Fantasma's Lair mobs. It will encourage players (especially new players) to join guild, participate in GRB and get more benefits from there.

we can do events if needed, to increase the amount of gold in game, and hand out 10b per answer of idk a quiz event or so Smile

ynridr wrote:4. Stat Reset Stone
I think stat reset stone should be taken away from item mall and make them limited to NPC twice use only for the same reason as above. Here is my reason, with unlimited use of this stat reset stone, I've met some def/guard that restat to full rec build, then when they go PvP, other faction have to attack together or using their high attack (divine burst,death touch, behemoth rage etc) in order to kill them. But when they're doing that, those def/guard pop stat reset stone, use DF/melee reflector and remove their top armor. Then we all know what will happen.
Or maybe other class could use that stat reset stone to restat full dex while running & being chased by other faction hoping that they could survive because of most attack will miss.
I don't think unlimited use of stat reset stone is healthy for PvP.

For this, different builds for different things, in naked pvp your 1-2 thousand stats less lol, so you want to survive and go full dex or full rec and switch to shield if you can. thats how you survive Smile you have put plenty of thought into this, and its fantastic, but sometimes things are done so that the variety is there for the people who know what they're doing an not just exploiting this use Wink
Venom

Back to top Go down

Post  ynridr on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:31 am

Thanks to Venom & Smoky that always active on forum & give good feedback.

Event with gold prize, thats good idea too. That would help new players with gold.

I agree with Venom that restat stone is very useful when we switching from regular PvP to naked PvP, and also agree with Smoky that it help new players to figure out what best build that they could use. But i still don't like to meet def/guard who exploit the use of this restat stone.
So what u guys think if the use of restat stone is limited to only once every 24hours?I think that is enough to switching from regular PvP to naked PvP vice versa.

And in response about the skill points, maybe u don't know yet, that rangers/sin don't have too many skills like def/guard/mage/pagan. With current skill points, even after we (rangers/sin) take all skills possible, we still have skill points left, right Ven?
And correct me if i'm wrong, def/guard/mage/pagan with no points left still can't get all skill they possibly could have. So, it put ranger/sin in more disadvantage, again.
ynridr

Back to top Go down

Post  Venom on Sat Dec 10, 2011 6:42 am

a ranger is basically split into 3 types, debuff, stun and dps. all skills revolve around that, with current skill points you can use all 3 but usually you would base your gears on what kind of set of skills your suing, so actually here Rangers are at an advantage. i can't speak for archers though :/
Venom

Back to top Go down

Post  russell0659 on Sat Dec 10, 2011 8:23 am

In responce to the Gold Issue;

I regret being forced to lower values on the merchant lapis, but exploiters where causeing bad errors on the server and this problem was getting worse as they taught their friends how to do the exploit. My change has stopped the exploit. I am in the process of increasing drop rate of the fortune bags and coins, system wide. To relieve the shortage of gold.

Lapis Issue;

It is my experience that when in demand items are moved to non-pvp zones the stronger players tend to farm them extensivly. This cause a lot of problems due to KSing and teritorial disputes. There is alwasy someone who thinks they can stake claim there and noone should interfere with their farmin.

To the other issues i will be looking at them as i have time todo so.

Thank you sir for your input. It is my goal to have a server where pvp is fair to all players.

System Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ynridr on Sat Dec 10, 2011 11:02 am

Doofi/Smoke wrote:
in thooses points i disagree first to the skillpoints.
In my oppionen u need all this skill cause it makes the pvp different and shows u many ways how u can work with ur char. and besides i see nearly no warr/fighter anymore using spear cause u get less attack less abso and less defence.

Actually fighter/warr still have higher attack with spear with windspin - enhanced windspin.

[GS]Venom wrote:a ranger is basically split into 3 types, debuff, stun and dps. all skills revolve around that, with current skill points you can use all 3 but usually you would base your gears on what kind of set of skills your suing, so actually here Rangers are at an advantage. i can't speak for archers though :/

Have you ever count how many area effect skill def/guard/mage/pagan have?and now how many ranger/sin have? 5, all of them require previous skill (chain skill), 1 of them have 5 mins cooldown, the other 1 only have 1.5k damage. Thanks to fighter/warrior who chose to use shield cuz they have 2 less area effect skill. Thanks to current skill point, mage/pagan/def/guard could take almost all their skill.

Now lets see important point here.
Advantage:
Mage/pagan skill area effect 5m - 7m - 15m (Kaiman Breath)
Def/guard skill area effect 5m - 8m - 16m (idk if 16m is still right, thats what i found on shaiya wiki)
fighter/warrior/def/guard get more stats (lets say str+rec) from shield which makes them have high attack & def.
mage/pagan/archer/hunter have range attack.
well u dont have to worry about orc/priest.

Disadvantage:
ranger/sin/archer/hunter/mage/pagan have low defense.
ranger/sin are melee attacker.

It's never been a problem for ranger/sin at small PvP lets say 3 - 7 players. But it's really get bad for them at larger PvP lets say 3 group vs 3 group, and u'll expect to see 6 def/guard & 6 fighter/warrior. In order to attack ranger/sin have to get closer unlike mage/pagan/archer/hunter. Even if ranger/sin not directly attacked by other players, they still take 40-80% hit from def/guard area effect skill (remember they have wider area damage), then suddenly BOOM behemoth rage. How long do you think you could survive from that even with priest on the group?

With less skill points, and with skill that have to be taken step by step, all players will have to learn their toon, and choose what skills that useful for them. def/guard will choose whether they would be battledef/guard or real def/guard, mage/pagan will choose what element they think more usefull, ranger/sin/archer/hunter will choose to be dps/debuff/stun. And I think that's more fair for PvP.

russell0659 wrote:
Lapis Issue;

It is my experience that when in demand items are moved to non-pvp zones the stronger players tend to farm them extensivly. This cause a lot of problems due to KSing and teritorial disputes. There is alwasy someone who thinks they can stake claim there and noone should interfere with their farmin.

To the other issues i will be looking at them as i have time todo so.

Thank you sir for your input. It is my goal to have a server where pvp is fair to all players.

Thanks to you Russell that you'll look at these issues. Yeah you're right about lapis issues, there is always someone that selfish enough not to let new players farm because they already there. Well, how about make them as low drop rate (a bit lower from dwater/VR/PR) from GRB mobs? New players will join guild and participate in GRB, their guildies maybe could help new players with the lapis they get during GRB, and its only 1hour every week.
ynridr

Back to top Go down

Post  Venom on Sun Dec 11, 2011 6:14 am

A ranger doesn't need aoe's as much, in ep.5 they're pretty much bait. i stand there and get fury close, lure them and let the real pvpers take em on Razz
Venom

Back to top Go down

Post  ynridr on Sun Dec 11, 2011 7:45 am

[GS]Venom wrote:A ranger doesn't need aoe's as much, in ep.5 they're pretty much bait. i stand there and get fury close, lure them and let the real pvpers take em on Razz

I didn't say that ranger need many aoe, what i said is class like def/guard get more useful skill which makes them having good attack skill & good defense skill, even better than fighter/def which actually master of weapons Very Happy Very Happy . And on the other hand ranger/sin use their extra point on disguise, transformation, spy bug, which i think not useful for PvP. Btw, that's not the way i play my ranger with what u call "real pvpers".

And here we have different opinions about rangers thingy and it's ok we have our reasons. Lets keep on topic. cheers cheers
ynridr

Back to top Go down

Post  Venom on Sun Dec 11, 2011 8:34 am

dark panic isn't really much of a stun debuff aoe anymore, since PCS takes it away its just a dps hit now :O but slasher + dark panic can take good chunks of anybody hp if its right ele Smile
Venom

Back to top Go down

Post  ynridr on Tue Dec 13, 2011 7:09 am

seems like not many ppl visit forum eh? No No
ynridr

Back to top Go down

re

Post  Doofi/Smoke on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:23 pm

not realy sadly Sad
about the gear problems and stats problems u dont need to worrie anymore russ is fixing all the gear problems with help from me. All gears will be fair for all.

Doofi/Smoke
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Venom on Tue Dec 13, 2011 2:37 pm

Well the gold issue is solved and will continue to be solved, i did a gold handing out and handed out over 300b overall i think O.o
Venom

Back to top Go down

Post  ynridr on Wed Dec 14, 2011 7:19 am

great smoky, i can't wait to see the update on the gear bounce bounce

o.O 300b ven Question Question that's rich 3000 gold bar..
ynridr

Back to top Go down

re

Post  Doofi/Smoke on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:33 am

well 300bill is okay but not that much ö.ö

Doofi/Smoke
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Venom on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:43 am

Smoky i'm not going to hand out all my gold at once, over time i'll hand out over 1 trillion gold to ppl who need :O
Venom

Back to top Go down

Post  BoullyKolben on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:07 pm

I need to do a summary of all your messages o.o

I only read the message of Silv ( the 1'st ) and I will give my opinion about the "Gear".

Well I heard what the server is trying to remove some str and def from the SW/SK armors. I don't like that idea. All classes have advantages and disadvantages. The armors of war/guard fighter/def have been better than any other class In Shaiya history !!!! not only in this server ( in str and def ). this idea is stupid

I heard what the Hunter/assasin ranger/archer set have +luc in the stat, and the luc is trash in this server ( We have KO noss and is free) So I think We can remove that luc from the H/A armors and add more def or dex ( str never mind, i don't want see a ranger/assasin with 5 k of atk and recive 50 k by shadow attack or slasher).

Well i don't know if venom and silv are nubs and they need remove all defense of the SK/SW gears for kill 1 war/guard, 2 friends was Rangers and they killed a lot of war/guards, and Kruxo did it too.
Since SK got free PCS all assasin/ranger are more weak cuz his debuff skills and paralisis don't work, that is the problem.
I hit on kruxo 10 k damages and that don't mean nothing cuz he killed me a lot of times in 1 vs 1.
The new weap lv 80 for ranger have a lot of atk ( the same than a war spear lv 80) look at it the advantage.
Guys all of you are talking about to do the Ranger / assasin impossible to kill.
BoullyKolben

Back to top Go down

Post  BoullyKolben on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:12 pm

Remove the Luc from the SR / SH set and add more Dex or Def or Rec in it will be a good suggestion for me.

BoullyKolben

Back to top Go down

Post  Venom on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:14 pm

I'm not saying i can't kill, i can kill warrs too lol. but Kruxo always had his personal priest/his gf (Arielle) too so you can't compare with that... atm i reach just over 4k attack power, and i do 3k on warrs without stupid defence lol... if i get hit 10k and hit for 3k, then they're always 3x better which makes no sense... the idea is some classes are lsightly better, not 7k more damage better lol. having a free ap item mall and custom gears affects the true ways of how aeria intended the game to be, which is fine, because it all adds up and comes out ok in the end O.o or the next set of gears etc... Smile
Venom

Back to top Go down

Post  Venom on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:14 pm

No we need to removes some from SK/SW because you can get 2k def easily lol...
Venom

Back to top Go down

Post  BoullyKolben on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:25 pm

4k of atk that say all o__o for that you hit 3 k damages, Isn't the def of SW and SK gear, is your attack.

A K 7 or AK47 i don't remember the name of Full INT ranger, he got 4.3 k of atk without war buff and prayer, and he used the old lv 70 weap.

Yesterday I recived like 15k + 15k by shadow attack and 6k+6k+6k by slasher, and the worst of all is what I dont' remember by who o.o, but that show me what the def of a war is weak.

yea I have 2 k of def =)
BoullyKolben

Back to top Go down

Post  Venom on Wed Dec 14, 2011 1:37 pm

slasher = deadly strike... so if you think 18k damage is a lot, think of when a warr does 8k 8k 8k lol.. thats 24k in one skill, so thats a lot too. shadow attack is just 5x your damage lol. and when i say 3k, you know a ranger does 2x hits. so 3189 3189 = one hit overall lol so i hit 6k on nub warrs. O.o
Venom

Back to top Go down

re

Post  Doofi/Smoke on Wed Dec 14, 2011 3:29 pm

the luc on SH gear and the new gear will be still. But the new gear we will get soon is the fairest gear what will be ingame (from the new gears) all gear get 3x 55er stats compared to the class and the luc will be still there but only for hunter assa ranger archer classes. Easy why it is so luc increse critts = make them hit harder. no matter with ko or without
luc is still needed for some classes like hell.

Doofi/Smoke
Forum Admin
Forum Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  ynridr on Wed Dec 14, 2011 9:30 pm

Boullying wrote:I need to do a summary of all your messages o.o

I only read the message of Silv ( the 1'st ) and I will give my opinion about the "Gear".

Well u need to read all the messages if u want to make summary, so u won't miss some points here & there.

Boullying wrote:
Well I heard what the server is trying to remove some str and def from the SW/SK armors. I don't like that idea. All classes have advantages and disadvantages. The armors of war/guard fighter/def have been better than any other class In Shaiya history !!!! not only in this server ( in str and def ). this idea is stupid

I heard what the Hunter/assasin ranger/archer set have +luc in the stat, and the luc is trash in this server ( We have KO noss and is free) So I think We can remove that luc from the H/A armors and add more def or dex ( str never mind, i don't want see a ranger/assasin with 5 k of atk and recive 50 k by shadow attack or slasher).

Yes W/G/F/D gear have been better than any other class, but take a good look again on the comparison of the gear i gave on 1st post, not only at the Shadow gear, but also on the other gear. I didn't include shield on that post. And the good news for u, Russell didn't remove some str & def from SK/SW gear.
Yes it is kinda useless to have high dex/luck with KO noss, concentration noss, sharpshooter noss. Btw i think the highest dmg on this server is limited to 30k, so u dont have to worry about being hit 50k by shadow attack.

Boullying wrote:
Well i don't know if venom and silv are nubs and they need remove all defense of the SK/SW gears for kill 1 war/guard, 2 friends was Rangers and they killed a lot of war/guards, and Kruxo did it too.
Since SK got free PCS all assasin/ranger are more weak cuz his debuff skills and paralisis don't work, that is the problem.
I hit on kruxo 10 k damages and that don't mean nothing cuz he killed me a lot of times in 1 vs 1.
The new weap lv 80 for ranger have a lot of atk ( the same than a war spear lv 80) look at it the advantage.
Guys all of you are talking about to do the Ranger / assasin impossible to kill.

Yea both Venom & I are nub, but that doesn't mean we can't kill warrior or even guard, check my GS kills sometime. And i'm sure that venom also has war/guard killed, but he has lot of gold so that he doesn't have to post it for rec runes. Very Happy Very Happy
Yea ranger/sin don't really have trouble on 1vs1, that's their nature right? check again the entire msg for the point on large raid vs large raid.
It's true that lv 80 claw get 200more dmg, almost the same dmg as spear. But also check the weapon attack speed on spear, spears originally have "very slow attack speed", but since the mellan skia they have "slow attack speed". With noss, melon icecream, flash lapis 2, they dont have to give up the stats from goddess ring cuz they have to use flash ring to get "extremely fast attack speed". Also check about the 1handed blunt weapon; G/D used to have "G/D weapon only", but now F/W could also use their weapon.

ynridr

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top